What you need before we start:
1) A USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably compatibility issues while flashing the image).
2) Image of your choice.
3) Compression software such as 7zip, Winrar, Winzip
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named image-gbquad_usb , you will see another folder named gigablue, this is your image file. Copy the entire gigablue folder directly to the USB stick.
Images for Gigablue HD Quad
1– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
2– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
3– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB port’s on the receiver.
4– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch
5– After a few seconds you should see a message on the display of the receiver ( not the TV screen ) telling you that it has detected a new image / software update.
6– Quickly press the ok button ( located under the flap on the front of the receiver ) to initiate the flashing process, if you’r too slow the receiver will bypass the USB stick and boot into the image it already contains, if this happens simply power off and on again.
7– While the image is flashing the Blue LED on the front of the receiver will flash blue and purple, DO NOT power the receiver down during this part of the process..
8– Once the flashing process has completed the receiver will automatically reboot.
During upgrading, please don’t unplug power or shut down STB.
Don’t power off within 5 seconds after upgrade is completed.