What you need before we start:
1) A USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably compatibility issues while flashing the image).
2) Image of your choice.
3) Compression software such as 7zip, Winrar, Winzip
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named IMAGE-et5x00_usb.zip , you will see another folder named et4x00, this is your image file. Copy the entire et5x00 folder directly to the USB stick.
Images for Xtrend ET5x00
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch.
– Press the OK button on the front panel ( behind the card flap ), to initiate the flashing process .
– If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
During upgrading, please don’t unplug power or shut down STB.
Don’t power off within 5 seconds after upgrade is completed.