What you need before we start:
1) A USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably compatibility issues while flashing the image).
2) Image of your choice.
3) Compression software such as 7zip, Winrar, Winzip
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named IMAGE-et4x00_usb.zip , you will see another folder named et4x00, this is your image file. Copy the entire et4x00 folder directly to the USB stick.
Images for Xtrend ET4x00
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch.
– You should see the orange and yellow LED’s light up to signify that the receiver has detected a viable update on the USB stick.
– If you see the above LED’s light up, press the Top button located under the card flap on the front of the receiver to initiate the flashing process, at this point the Green LED should also light up to confirm the receiver is being flashed.
– If successful the orange and yellow LED’s will go out and the receiver will reboot it self.
During upgrading, please don’t unplug power or shut down STB.
Don’t power off within 5 seconds after upgrade is completed.