So what does it do?
- Downloads an m3u file and creates enigma bouquets and channels from the m3u data.
- Also creates unique service references for use with EPG importers
- Creates EPG-Importer source files using XML TV EPG data streams
- Option to split VOD bouquets by initial category
In english this means enigma2 users (vuplus / dreambox, zgemma etc) can get a similar IPTV experience to a mag254 or perfect player user. Eg Channels split into groups with EPG data on your enigma box.
NB: The script does not touch or change any of your existing bouquets
How do i use it?
- ftp the e2m3u2bouquet.py to your engima2 box (i would suggest to /home/root)
- ssh to your enigma2 box (using putty or something similar)
- cd to the correct directory if you are not already there
- make script executable
chmod 777 e2m3u2bouquet.py
- run the script passing the url for your m3u file and the url for your epg XML TV data feed
note: you need to replace the username and password values X 2 and server:port
python e2m3u2bouquet.py "http://server:port/get.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD&type=m3u_plus&output=ts" "http://server:port/xmltv.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD"
- No need to reboot
Additionally If you want epg data
- open EPG-Importer plugin (download it if you haven’t already got it)
- select sources (Blue button on openvix)
- enable all the IPTV UK sources created by the script
- Kick off a manual EPG import
the script should work but you will obviously need the m3u url (1st
parameter) and XML TV url (2nd parameter) for your a stream you have found. Please
note the m3u file needs to be the “extended” version if you have the
there is other post on the thread here https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-bouquets-with-epg/
that will go further regards cron timers etc
now iv tried it with 2 free iptv iv found, on both it split the files into different bouquets and epg was made, but was a limited one as that depends on source
have fun, hope it will help a few people that want multiple bouquets
as i said this is not mine all thanks to the testers and the original source from Tommycahir
PLEASE BACK UP FIRST, dont take responsability for boxes crashing or boot loops